Stogie of the Week
Unbanded "D" from Alex S
Nicaraguan Ligero-Laced 2nds - Liga 'D' Special Robusto
Size: 5 x 50
MSRP: Bundle of 15 is $27.50
What We Have Been Smoking
The complete list of all cigars discussed in this segment can be found on the Episode 37 Stogies Page.
See Paul's List, complete with pictures, ratings and mini-reviews on his Stogie Feed.
See Tim's List, complete with pictures, ratings and mini-reviews on his Stogie Feed.
Segment: Our Most Favorite Limited Edition / Hard To Find Cigars
Note: This is really the cream of the crop. If you want to know which cigars I've enjoyed the most in my entire life, pretty much this is the list.
- Opus X BBMF Maduro - This makes just about every list of must-smoke cigars. It lives up to its name, its amazing, you have to try to smoke one of these in your lifetime.
- Davidoff Millennium Robusto (2005) - This smoke with 5+ years of age on it is one of the best cigars I've ever had. Problem is the blend is tweaked over time and I can't keep these in my humidor long enough to age.
- EP Carrillo Limatada 2010 - Probably one of the mildest cigars on the list, this one pours flavor like nothing else.
- Cohiba Limitada - I've smoked a couple of these, not certain exactly which ones they are, but pretty much all of them are amazing.
- Padron Millennium - If you are wondering if these are all they are cracked up to be, they are. Even now, it was still one of the best smokes I've ever had, period. Cedar, sweetness, coffee, nuts, and more.
- Opus X Love Affair - I still think this is my favorite sized Opus X cigar of all time.
- Opus X Lost City Lancero - The best opus branded stick out there, right up there with the Love Affair. I may just try to pull the trigger on a box.
I would rate each and everyone of these cigars "Oasis"!
- Padron Millennium (2000) - Paul is right, this is an epic smoke. So much flavor, complexity, and balance. Smoke em if you got em.
- Paul Garmirian Reserva Exclusiva Corona (2004) - These are fantastic and I am not sure how i have managed to hold onto the few I have left for so long. I used the word "exquisite" in my review and I think that sum's up the experience.
- Padilla Signature 1932 (2007) - I really feel te original Pepin ended 1932's are something spcial. Perfect balance of cedar, spice, and nuts with an incredible creaminess.
- Romeo y Julieta Hermosos Limited Edicion No. 2 (2004) - This was gifted to me by our good friend /Hoff who has an extensive collection. This Habano that was so smooth and refined. Maybe it was the blend or maybe it was the age. All I know is wow!
- Davidoff Millennium Robusto (2005) - This what I wrote in my log while smoking it; Complex, smooth, elegant. I completely lost myself in this cigar and didn't even notice my wife had come out on the deck to sit with me. When I finally noticed her, she commented that I seemed lost in the smoke and she didn't want to disturb me.
- Liga Privada Ünico Serie Dirty Rat - My favorite from the Drew Estate. I just don't know what it is about this smoke but I absolutely love them. Put a few months on these post release and they are smooth, flavorful, and balanced. What a joy to smoke.
Contest: Tatuaje Fiver (including an original J21)
What was the first brand Don Pepin Garcia blended on his own in the US?
Congrats to Steven M. who answered;
Don Pepin's First land on his own was Tatuaje.